Saturday, April 30, 2011

Newsletter April 29th, 2011

E-mail Newsletter from Stewart Topping ... April 29, 2011
right_shadow.jpg
publishing_1_header.jpg
Do you know someone like this? 

Recently I asked someone about their salvation; I asked are you saved and the answer was I hope so.  My first thought was he has not studied to be sure and I hope that Fire Insurance Policy he bought  is correct.  



Post your comment about this newsletter on the Stewart Topping Blog at


(click on comment)
The Day after …

Do you remember the day after Jesus died?  Do you remember what the disciples did and in particular the apostles?  You are right … They went fishing.  John 21:3 (GW) Simon Peter said to the others, “I'm going fishing.” They told him, “We're going with you.” They went out in a boat but didn't catch a thing that night. 

Could it be that being with Jesus for three years they didn’t understand why Jesus had to die.  Did they think it was a club that they joined and their leader had died?

They were told about was going to happen during the three years they were with Him, but they thought worldly rather then spirituality. Here read this …

Matthew 16:21-23 (NKJV) 21 From that time Jesus began to show to His disciples that He must go toJerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised the third day22 Then Peter took Him aside and began to rebuke Him, saying, "Far be it from You, Lord; this shall not happen to you!" 23 But He turned and said to Peter, "Get behind Me, Satan! You are an offense to me, for you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men."

The world want to go fishing, but the we should go study and not forget what Jesus has done for us.  It's easy to get caught up in daily things

We need to remember that the resurrection is not an event in the World, but an event in our lives!


Study and Study ... 

"a workman that needed not to be ashamed"

You can study and understand God's Word ....

Personal Bible study is important and at the same time getting  involved in a group so that there can be a discussion, not just to have someone preach, teach or present material that may or not be true.    We have to make sure that the material is actually correct.  I do not want to have my salvation, eternity and Christian growth along with my relationship with God rest in the hands of another. 

Some would think that going to Sunday school class at Church would is considered studying.  Others think that defending their position is studying, rather then in both cases learning to study for the truth.

Do you know someone like this? 

Recently I asked someone about their salvation; I asked are you saved and the answer was I hope so.  My first thought was he has not studied to be sure and I hope the Fire Insurance Policy he bought into is correct.  

It is important this you believe God can confirm all 
 things in his word?

That also includes my peace with God and my security.   Many Christians today do not have the peace of God.  I think because they do not confirm what they have heard as to whether it is true.   That makes them uncertain about their Salvation, there security and how to proceed with their relationship with God. Most think that as long as they have the Fire Insurance Policy issued by some person or place they are saved and will go to heaven.  Do we know that when that policy comes due, it will do what we think?

Please think about this!

Why is it that there are around 24 different types ofChristian Churches that have different doctrines concerning salvation, eternity, Christian growth and how to have a relationship with God?  Can they all be right; in a recent survey of Christians, 75 % believe that there are different ways to Heaven and many ways to obtain salvation. Doesn't that scare you?  We should study not only to help our self but our family and our friends.
We should be able to back up our beliefs with hard facts not assumptions. I think the key to unlocking the door of truth is written in the following verse:

2 Timothy 2:15 "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needed not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth" (KJV)

key elements of that scripture verse?
  1. Show (shew)- If we don’t study or have verbal discussions how can we show to God we care or are interested in Him.
  2. Approved– I not sure if there is a grading process or not, but I think that those that attempt to study and converse with others you get an A+.
  3. Workman– That does point to someone like us putting some time in to study so that we might know the truth.
  4. Not to be ashamed– How many people are afraid to talk about their God and his Salvation, etc. Could it be that they would be ashamed.
  5. Rightly dividing the word of truth– How can you divide the Word, Gods Word without studying.  I don’t know about you but I need discussion as well to firmly fit the blocks of my life on the Cornerstone of my Faith. So that as I build my faith it is sure and sound.
Ephesians 4:14 (NKJV) “that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting”,

This is what happens if we allow other to teach us, yes we can listen to preaching, teaching and read material provided.

1 John 2:27 (NKJV)  “But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him”. 

Satan wants confusion with our beliefs!

His main goal is getting people who don’t want to investigate the truth tell other and then confuse them. Why? So he can be like God.

Remember the 24 types of Christian Churches, how do you know which is the correct one. 

The people are always nice and some are friends or family.  The Pastor is a great guy, but we are talking about our spiritual health and it is up to us to know and share the truth.  Allow the Holy Spirit to teach and train you to know and share Gods word.

I started a blog on www.menafterchrist.net where you can make comments.  This way everyone on the e-mail list can make comments and see all the comments posted.

I am looking forward to hearing from you! I will be sending a e-mail newsletter each week and I will also post it on  www.menafterchrist.net. Hope that's okay with you.

If I have placed you on this e-mail list by mistake and you do not want to be on this email list, let me know and I will remove you from it. (click on comment)


No comments:

Post a Comment